Saturday, January 4, 2014

HULK's Training Log 20140104, Sat

11 AM @ my home gym

1. Dynamic Bench Press w Bands
46 kg on the bar + 1 jump stretch mini band per side (pink)
10 sets*3, one min rest (3 wide, 3 medium, 4 close grips)

2. Hanging KBs Bench Press*
56 kg on the bar + 16 kg KB per side (88 kg total weight + the fuzz!!)
98*3, 4 sets of 88*6

3. Seated Over-Head Press
56*6, 61*4, 66*2, 71*1 (New PR), 76*fail, 76*fail (I was almost there but couldn't lockout!! surely next time ISA)

4. Band Push Downs
Jump Stretch Monster Mini Band (black) over the door 5 sets of 10, 8, 6, 5, 6 reps

I'm done and pretty much satisfied, with the new PR on the over-head press at 71 kg, and nearly hitting the 76 kg I'm really happy and makes me believe I will easily exceed my target of 100 % BW by end of this year :)

* Hanging KB Bench Press is one amazing movement that challenges oneself's pressing-ability and puts a lot of stress on the stabilizing muscles in the shoulder and pectoral areas, the KBs hanged from each side with a rubber resistance band shakes like crazy during the ascend and descend increasing the weight felt beyond the actual weight and strengthens the stabilizing muscles on its way.


No comments:

Post a Comment